Sunday, February 26, 2012

Call for Artists

Are you an artist looking for a place to display your work?  Well we have a wonderful opportunity to work with  inspiring fellow artists waiting for you.  Wouldn't you like this to be your display?  Well now is your chance.  Valley Artisans Market is looking for new artists. Our jury meets on the fourth Friday of every month so get your body of work together and come on in and get an application. Please remember though that there is a jury process and that you must bring in your best work and it has to be complementary to the work and quality of our other artist members and our space is limited.   Our hours are Monday thru Saturday 10:00AM to 5:00PM and Sunday from 11:00 AM until 2:00 PM.  There is a slight time commitment but many of our members drive from distant locations, happily I might add.  There are also quarterly meetings and you must work on a committee.  But as I am a traveler myself, it is a quite enjoyable ride.  The scenery is beautiful, the quality of work here at Valley Artisans Market is exceptional and the warmness of the other members will make you glad you took the leap.


4 comments:

  1. When can an application with work be dropped off? Is there space for large paintings (4X5, 5X6)? Blessings, Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, since the work is large it is probably better to bring it in closer to the date and let the jury decide if it can fit or not. I am not familiar with the jury process as I am not on the jury committee. I do have an email awaiting an answer about size requirements so as soon as I get an answer I will post one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. I have smaller mixed media work also, but would love to display my paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Beth, a new post has been made using the actual membership rules and regulations on the next post. I am not on the jury committee so I hope the rules do not change your decision. We are in an early stage of the blog and there are a few glitches. Thanks again for inquiring and your interest and hopefully we will be seeing you soon.

    ReplyDelete